Open position: Field Service Technician, Evac North America / Germany / Finland
Evac Group is looking for Field Service Technician, focusing on fresh water treatment systems, that regularly travels and performs tasks aboard docked and/or sailing vessels. Knowledge of wastewater treatment in marine applications is preferred. Responsibilities include various activities associated with performing service, job reporting, record & compile data for analysis, technical support to end customers and other general customer service tasks.
Preferred location Miami area. Alternative locations Rellingen / Germany or Espoo / Finland.
- Perform field service operations and inspections. Maintenance of equipment as per maintenance instructions Conducts detailed inventories and inspections to determine necessary maintenance and repairs.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment. Assists and solves technical and operating problems of the customer as well as reports and proposes the product improvement.
- Equipment Commissioning. Performs or coordinates equipment start-up.
- Technical Writing. Proofreading and development support of new technical manuals, service bulletins, and instruction sheets. Suggested revisions of existing technical manuals. Performs reviews of Evac Product Catalogs and data sheets.
- Training. Performs or coordinates training of customers and sales representatives.
- Service Sales Support. Support to customer RFQ’s for service. Selects appropriate spare parts for use in service proposals. Coordinates with authorized Evac service centers for parts and labor estimates. Provides technical support for internal personnel, sales representatives, service centers, and customers.
- Prior knowledge of fresh water treatment
- Travel heavily with domestically and international required. Work performed will regularly include onboard sailing vessels and sailings. Often work nonstandard schedules at field locations. The usual duration is 3-10 days.
- Degree in engineering, engineering technology with equivalent level of experience, or equivalent experience within the Marine Industry.
- Good electrical and mechanical skills.
- Prior experience in PLC’s and PLC programming is preferred, but not required
- Must be able to read blue prints and schematic drawings.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Must possess Class B driving license
- Ability to maneuver up and down ladders several times per day.
- Customer focus and result oriented attitude.
If you feel that you meet our requirements, please Apply for the job by sending your application letter with salary request and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd February, at the latest. Please also state the position you are applying for in the subject line.
For more information, please contact Christoph Wagner (email@example.com) or Miia Pokkinen (firstname.lastname@example.org). For additional information about our company, please visit en.evac.com.